Sunday, May 11, 2008

Work Spaces



What why when and where of work holds a lifelong fascination for me. I've experienced work satisfaction, though not in a sustained way. To create that sustained satisfaction in productive daily activity would be a blessing, a sunshine in my life. I see others who seem to live in this state of grace, and many many more who clearly do not. Please send me your ideas on work. What is the most important work to be done today? Who's doing it? Can we help? Would it be fun?

Some more questions about work. Should it be work that is somehow 'true to one's nature'? Should it be work that one's community values enough to pay a living wage for? What if it is not both? Clearly work must be done that is just work, just cleaning up the mess, just maintaining the structure. What is the one most important quality or function of work?

Photo at left, by the way, is Gypsy Rose Lee, at work on her memoirs. I love it.

No comments: