Saturday, May 24, 2008

Baghdad Fun Park

Sagittarius Horoscope for week of May 22, 2008

Verticle Oracle cardSagittarius (November 22-December 21)
During America's first war on Iraq in 1991, I prophesied that one day there'd be a Disneyland in Baghdad. It was a surrealistically sardonic send-up of my native country's imperialism. But now, 17 years later, my absurd prediction is coming true. The same American company that designed the original Disneyland has announced plans to build the Baghdad Zoo and Entertainment Experience. If workers survive bombing, looting, and sniper fire, the first part of the 50-acre amusement park will open this year. While I question whether building a monument to fun is a good idea in an actual war zone, it's an

excellent metaphor for you to apply to your personal life. Even if you can't extinguish a certain conflict that has been raging, try to introduce a spirit of play into the proceedings.--Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology

Surprisingly I can see the possible point of this undertaking. If anyone needs to just have fun, its gotta be the people in Baghdad, and other war zones world wide. What a plan!

Bringing the advise home is timely. I mentioned here earlier that my oncologist and a day later another healer both advised fun. His words, while giving me a two month conditional break from chemotherapy were, "Give you a chance to have some fun." The other advisor, a Matrix Energetics practitioner, Barbara Joy West, bowing to my past lives of traumatic social and political involvement, informed me that's all over and I need to bring sweetness into my life, have more fun. Be joyful.

It keeps coming up. What a sober sides I am. Not at all like the grinning mischievous child I remember. I feel a twinkle in my eye though, I suspect all is not lost. Take me to the circus!




No comments: